We live in the era of "E". There are e-Payments, e-Statements, e-Shedules, e-Invoices, e-Readers, e-Business, e-Tailers. The list goes on to e-Finity, it seems.
Here's why it's time to lose the "e":
- This whole "do it online" thing is not so new anymore. We've all been online for almost 15 years. Even the Clampetts no longer call it a cement pond anymore.
- "e" sounds stupid anyway, since it stands for electronic and electricity has been around for going on a hundred years. Shouldn't it have been "d" for digital to begin with?
- We don't call the alternatives p-as-in-paper-Statements, p-Invoices, P-Schedules, etc.
- To my knowledge, after the invention of the Gutenberg printing press, no one called books p-books (as opposed to h-books (as in handwritten).
- It's tantamount to calling your car a "horseless carriage".
Tomorrow's blog will be about the overuse of the word "green".
p.s. Apple will live to regret the whole "i" thing, by the way. But, that's a rant for another day. Stepping off my soapbox now.