T-Minus eight days until the long national nightmare is over: AT&T's exclusive chokehold on the iPhone. However, starting tomorrow, Verizon customers (all 94 million of you!) will be welcome to pre-order the iPhone 4. If you don't, then let's put it this way, don't plan on one being available to you on February 10.
Everything is on a first-come, first-serve basis. No word on when the second ship date will be once next week's date is maxed out.
Okay, what else can I tell you about that? Truthfully, not much.
So, let me round out this posting with my five top tech story predictions over the next couple of weeks as the Verizon iPhone 4 launches.
1. Verizon signs up a record number of new subscribers in one week. AT&T loses a record number of subscribers in one week. These will be speculative articles. We wouldn't want hard numbers to get in the way of a good story.
2. WTB (What the bleep): still no white iPhone.
3. Pre-order snafus between the Verizon and Apple sites anger Verizon customers. Sync your devices, folks!
4. Idiots camp out in lawn chairs at Apple and Verizon stores where they will never get a shot at the 10 iPhone 4's still not sold out by pre-orders. Northeastern and Midwestern Verizonistas camping out in four foot snow drifts will be awarded the title "uber idiot."
5. AT&T denies reports that it's losing subscribers and reports a record number of new sign-ups due to the Android.
6. (Bonus) Microsoft reports Windows Phone 7 sales are "brisk," but neglects to release any hard sales figures.
PRINT THIS ARTICLE