Use a purchase order to document what you're buying from a vendor. It will help you track expenses and plan for future payables.
Note: This tool is most appropriate for new business owners or those whose accounting program does not generate purchase orders.
A purchase order documents what you'll be buying from a vendor. It details what you've agreed to pay for, what the terms of the purchase are, and the amount you've agreed to pay.
Though it may be another piece of dreaded paperwork, a purchase order is instrumental in tracking expenditures. It also contributes to your accounts payable process by letting you know how much will have to be paid out during a certain period of time.
You could have your employees fill out the purchase order electronically and e-mail it to whoever handles your accounting, or they could print out the form and pass along a paper version.
File description: This file contains a Microsoft Excel 5.0/95 spreadsheet. To use this file, you must have Microsoft Excel 5.0/95 or higher.
Copyright © 2000 inc.com. All rights reserved.
- Bank Reconciliation Sample
- Can You Really Afford Your Next Big Expenditure?, Financial Management Article - Inc. Article
- Check Request Form
- Commercial Invoice Form Instructions
- Financial-Ratio Worksheets, Financial Management Article - Inc. Article
- Profit and Loss Agreement
- Profit-and-Loss Projection
Related How-To Guides
FROM OUR PARTNERS
- New Data on Success
- New book BUSINESS BRILLIANT by Inc.com blogger Lewis Schiff
- The rugged Torque
- Buy 1 Kyocera Torque, get 4 free. Only at Sprint. Restrictions apply.
- Undesk your desk phone:
- ShoreTel Dock for iPad/iPhone. BYOD better.
- Servers up to 45% off
- Technology optimized for today, but scalable for growing business needs.
- PCs You can Trust
- Discover how an ASUS PC with leading reliability is fit for your business
- Louisiana Advantage
- Custom-fit opportunity. Louisianaadvantage.com
- Old Dominion
- No matter what you ship, your business is our business. Visit odpromises.com.
- Save on business PCs
- Get business performance: Ultrabook™ styles, PCs, and more! Click for deals