Website Evaluation Worksheet, Selling from Your Web Site Article - Inc. Article
This website evaluation worksheet will help you evaluate e-commerce sites. The results will help you plan your own e-commerce site or offer strategies for revamping your existing one.
Knowing which e-commerce features work and which don't work make or break your customers' online shopping experience.
Whether you are just developing your e-commerce plans or have an existing strategy, you'll want to review other e-commerce sites, including your competitors, to discover what features work and don't work. Then you can decide what elements to add to the shopping process on your company's site to make your customers' experience seamless and more enjoyable.
To help you in your evaluation, we've developed a website evaluation worksheet, which will help you review the most important features of e-commerce sites. It provides a list of criteria for rating another Web site's ability to meet user needs. Once you have completed the review, it will help you judge your own e-commerce website plans.
How to Use This Worksheet
The criteria you will be using to measure a site's performance include:
- Performance and usability
- Shopping experience
- Catalog organization
- Shopping-cart implementation
- Transaction processing
- Customer service
Rate each feature under those categories on a scale of one to five -- with five being most desirable and one being the least. Then calculate a rating for each category by taking the average of your answers. Once you have rated each category, you can create an overall rating by adding the category ratings and dividing by seven. This overall rating is the effectiveness score for your website or the site you're evaluating.
File Type: This download is a Microsoft Word 6.0/95 document. You must have Word 6.0 or higher to use it.
Source: Tips and Tactics for Conducting E-Commerce, by Loël McPhee and Peri Drucker with Robert Cormia and Cathy Hammer.
Copyright © 2000 by Goldhirsh Group Inc., Boston. All rights reserved.
- E-Commerce Product-Comparison Matrix, Selling from Your Web Site Article - Inc. Article
- Human Resources Management and IT Systems Service Agreement
- Internet Advertising Agency Agreement
- Internet Advertising Agreement Form
- License for Website Use of Art Agreement
- Network Installation and Maintenance Agreement
- Online Advertisement Agreement
Related How-To Guides
FROM OUR PARTNERS
- Smarty Pants
- Maryland – #1 in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- New Data on Success
- New book BUSINESS BRILLIANT by Inc.com blogger Lewis Schiff
- Old Dominion
- No matter what you ship, your business is our business. Visit odpromises.com.
- Constant Contact
- Over 500,000 Small Businesses Use Constant Contact®. Safe, Simple.
- The rugged Torque
- Buy 1 Kyocera Torque, get 4 free. Only at Sprint. Restrictions apply.
- Undesk your desk phone:
- ShoreTel Dock for iPad/iPhone. BYOD better.
- Business Essentials
- Represent Your Company With A Custom Name Badge. Find It Here!
- Servers up to 45% off
- Technology optimized for today, but scalable for growing business needs.
- PCs You can Trust
- Discover how an ASUS PC with leading reliability is fit for your business