1. Which of the following management styles fit you best?
I'm a policy-driven administrator.
I'm a results-oriented producer.
I'm an idea-driven thinker.
2. How would you describe the ideal corporate hierarchy?
An environment where sovereignty is valued over policy.
An environment where top-down policy is followed closely.
An environment that has a strong policy with some autonomy.
3. Which of the following environments do you prefer?
Something along the lines of Six Sigma.
A relaxed and laid back environment.
A work-hard, play-hard culture.
4. What does a new employee do within the first 90 days at your company?
Two or three days of initial training, shadowing other employees, and having a welcome lunch with his or her new team.
HR orientation, training on the systems to do their job, and having a welcome lunch with his or her manager.
HR orientation, being matched with a mentor, and having a welcome lunch with the CEO.
5. Some of the work-life perks you would consider offering to your employees are:
Flexible hours, a telecommuting option, and gym membership reimbursement.
Company sports leagues, on-site exercise classes, and a telecommuting option.
Stainless-steel water bottles, free snacks and beverages, and 3 weeks of vacation.
6. What is the secret to your success?
We have the best product or service in the business.
We have great employees.
We have a strong strategy, and the right management team to execute on it.
7. At your company, you prefer to:
Build mentoring relationships between workers and managers at all levels.
Share responsibilities on an ad hoc basis.
Maintain a flat organization where everyone's input is welcomed.
8. Your employees have asked for more in-house training. What courses would you offer?
Finance Fundamentals 101, Intro to Texas Hold ‘Em, and Setting Goals for Work and Life.
Stress Management, SEO Techniques, Effective Time Management.
Peer Coaching, Managing in Tough Times, Guitar Lessons.
9. Of the three characteristics, what is valued most highly in your organization?
Diversity in the workplace.
Customer and employee satisfaction.
Achieving corporate objectives and living the mission statement.
10. Which book title best describes your management style?
Let My People Go Surfing by Yvon Chouinard.
The Great Game of Business by Jack Stack.
Good to Great by Jim Collins.