Venture capital may seem like a savvy choice for financing, but it's probably wrong for you. Here's why. Read more
Recent Venture Capital Articles
Before Caterina Fake founded Flickr, she struggled to get financing for a game start-up. Here she describes what can really make the difference. Watch video
Brick-and-mortar businesses using franchising to scale. Why shouldn't websites? The founder of OrderUp explains how it's done. Read more
You may recognize many of the firms on this ranking of most successful VC firms. But there are a few noteworthy surprises, too. Read more
Venture capitalists at SoftRock, CrossLink Capital, NEA, Bain, and DCM give Inc. their predictions for the coming year. Here's what you need to know. Read more
A handful of prominent tech VCs didn't make any early-stage start-up investments in 2012. Is it time for founders to worry? Read more
Former entrepreneur Mark Suster drops a much-deserved bomb on those who glamorize start-ups. But even he wouldn't mind another go. Read more
FROM OUR PARTNERS
- Smarty Pants
- Maryland – #1 in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- New Data on Success
- New book BUSINESS BRILLIANT by Inc.com blogger Lewis Schiff
- Old Dominion
- No matter what you ship, your business is our business. Visit odpromises.com.
- Constant Contact
- Over 500,000 Small Businesses Use Constant Contact®. Safe, Simple.
- The rugged Torque
- Buy 1 Kyocera Torque, get 4 free. Only at Sprint. Restrictions apply.
- Undesk your desk phone:
- ShoreTel Dock for iPad/iPhone. BYOD better.
- Business Essentials
- Represent Your Company With A Custom Name Badge. Find It Here!
- Servers up to 45% off
- Technology optimized for today, but scalable for growing business needs.
- PCs You can Trust
- Discover how an ASUS PC with leading reliability is fit for your business