When your team is based everywhere, consider these communication and project-management aides.
Managing a team or a big project from afar? Overseeing the process can be a job in itself. To figure out how entrepreneurs manage it all successfully, we asked our own Young Entrepreneur Council members to share their favorite app or piece of software for keeping tabs on work, wherever it happens.
Here's what they had to say:
1. Asana Asana makes it easy to collaborate with remote workers and freelancers. The platform is intuitive and simplifies the process of managing projects. Plus, the mobile app works great when you're on the go. - Lee McNiel, ReviewPush
2. Sqwiggle Sqwiggle allows remote workers to connect via video on demand. It can also give employers and managers a window into a worker's day. Instead of Google Hangouts--which, if they're on, are always active--Sqwiggle is passively on and only shows a quick photo of you working every 10 seconds or so. When you want to chat, you click on your teammate's face, and you're instantly on video. - Wade Foster, Zapier
3. ONTRAPORT ONTRAPORT enables you to set your business on autopilot by automating various systems, from payments to CRM. The set-it-and-forget-it capability naturally adds ease to managing a business remotely. At the very least, you can easily go to lunch or take an off-site meeting. - John Hall, Influence & Co.
4. Acunote Acunote is incredible because it helps remote teams view internal progress and timelines for projects, so everyone knows where everyone else is at. You can add "sprints," which detail project tasks. Bottlenecks are transparent, too. Additionally, it has accountability built into the system because everyone knows what everyone else has or has not accomplished. - Danny Wong, Blank Label
5. ProofHQ ProofHQ gives you a real-time comment stream within a simple online proof viewer, tracks comments and allows in-player markup. You can upload and track all the different versions of a project, which are accessible to anyone. Even our clients have shared it with their teams. - Andrew Angus, Switch Video
6. Basecamp For Lemonly, Basecamp is the Goldilocks of managing projects--not too much or too little, but just right. We have three of our 11 team members working remotely, and it really keeps us together. Like all project management software and apps, you get what you put into it. My advice: really try a system, and if you don't like it, move on. - John Meyer, Lemonly
7. 10,000ft The resource planning tool 10,000ft helps you work with the big picture in mind. It lets your team collaborate in real time and track budgets, availability and time spent on a particular project. - Benji Rabhan, MorrisCore
8. Insightly Insightly is a great app for project management because it integrates task tracking with powerful customer relationship management tools. With flexible calendar and event features, fast global search, an ability to tag contacts and projects and the milestone management, Insightly makes meeting client goals with a geographically divided team a breeze. The comprehensive tool helps teams stay on track, organized and connected all at once. - Doreen Bloch, Poshly Inc.
9. Hall We just started using Hall in our office, and we love it. We spend 20 hours a week in the office and then work remotely for the other 20 or so hours. Hall allows us to collaborate easily and efficiently. We get alerts on our mobile devices, so nothing falls through the cracks. We can also see what's happening on projects that we might not be involved in, which gives everyone a snapshot of the big picture. - Maren Hogan, Red Branch Media
10. Teambox Teambox is the best project management and remote collaboration tool I've seen. It is extremely user friendly and includes every feature any team could possibly need. Teambox is a great modern tool designed for the modern team. - Adam Lieb, Duxter
The YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR COUNCIL (YEC) is an invite-only organization comprised of the world's most promising young entrepreneurs. In partnership with Citi, YEC recently launched StartupCollective, a free virtual mentorship program that helps millions of entrepreneurs start and grow businesses. @YEC @YEC