I started listening to more and more music by Shook and have loved it! Over the past two months, I've probably listened to over 200-400 hours of Shook's music while I've written 3 book proposals, 15+ articles, and spent a large amount of time on my dissertation. It's been wildly helpful.
The following are my favorite songs:
The Science Of Listening To One Song On Repeat For Hours
In her book, On Repeat: How Music Plays the Mind, psychologist Elizabeth Hellmuth Margulis explains why listening to music on repeat improves focus. When you're listening to a song on repeat, you tend to dissolve into the song, which blocks out mind wandering (let your mind wander while you're away from work!).
Give it a try.
You can use this website to listen to YouTube video's on repeat. I generally listen to classical music or electronic music (like video game type music). Here's a list of other music I've listened to in the past:
- One Moment by Michael Nyman
- Make Love by Daft Punk
- Tearin' it up by Gramatik
- Terra's theme from Final Fantasy 3
- Duel of Fates from Star Wars
- Stop crying your heart out by Oasis
- Give up by Eligah Bossenbroek (so beautiful)
- Heart by Stars
- This cover of Ellie Goulding
- Fragile by Daft Punk
- Son of Flynn by Daft Punk
- Cool by Alesso
- Sun Through the Clouds by Matthew Morgan
- Testing by CKY
- Borderline by Madonna
- Every You and Every Me by Placebo
- Main Titles composed by Alan Menken for The Little Mermaid
- Halcyon On and On by Orbital
- There Goes the Fear by Doves
- Never Follow Suit by The Radio Dept.