Richard Branson might well be the most popular entrepreneur in the world, and he's certainly one of the most quotable.
He also has a habit of publishing lists of his favorite motivational sayings. In that spirit, and prompted by his recent post on Virgin's corporate blog, here are 20 inspiring, cool and sometimes funny quotes on finding happiness and positivity--10 from Branson's own lips, and 10 from his list of favorites.
1. If you want to be a millionaire, start with a billion dollars and launch a new airline. ---Richard Branson
2. Happiness is like a kiss. You must share it to enjoy it. --Bernard Meltzer
3. [W]ith extreme wealth comes extreme responsibility. And the responsibility for me is to invest in creating new businesses, create jobs, employ people, and to put money aside to tackle issues where we can make a difference. --Richard Branson
4. Happy people are beautiful. They become like a mirror and they reflect that happiness. --Drew Barrymore
5. Right now I'm just delighted to be alive and to have had a nice long bath. --Richard Branson
6. Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more. --H. Jackson Brown Jr.
7. The funny thing is people won't let me pay for things. I'll be in a restaurant and the manager will say, "Oh no, it's on the house." --Richard Branson
8. Happiness is not the absence of problems; it's the ability to deal with them. --Steve Maraboli
9. I believe in benevolent dictatorship provided I am the dictator. --Richard Branson
10. Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions. --Dalai Lama
11. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all. --Richard Branson
12. Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it. --Andy Rooney
13. With the casino and the beds, our passengers will have at least two ways to get lucky on one of our flights. --Richard Branson
14. The greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition. --Martha Washington(!)
15. I wanted to be an editor or a journalist. I wasn't really interested in being an entrepreneur, but I soon found I had to become an entrepreneur in order to keep my magazine going. --Richard Branson
16. Happiness is not a goal. It's a by-product of a life well-lived. --Eleanor Roosevelt
17. Life is a helluva lot more fun if you say yes rather than no. --Richard Branson
18. If you want happiness for an hour take a nap. If you want happiness for a day, go fishing. If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime, help someone else. --Chinese proverb
19. I believe that drudgery and clock-watching are a terrible betrayal of that universal, inborn entrepreneurial spirit. --Richard Branson
20. Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action. --Benjamin Disraeli