It's officially summer 2017, which means it's time to decide to make this the best summer ever.
Okay, maybe you're not on vacation yet (although, you should be). Regardless, from the Fourth of July to Labor Day, this is the most-celebrated season of the year: more daylight, more celebrations, people are just in a better mood during summer months.
Not quite there yet? No worries. Here are 17 of the best mood-adjusting quotes about this time of year to help you make summer 2017 amazing.
1. "Smell the sea, and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly."
2. "In summer, the song sings itself."
--William Carlos Williams
3. ""Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. "To see the Summer Sky/Is Poetry, though never in a Book it lie -"
5. "Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August."
6. "What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness."
7. "Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows."
8. "Summertime and the living is easy."
--George Gerswhin (but to my mind, Ella Fitzgerald)
9. "I could never in a hundred summers get tired of this."
10. "Spring being a tough act to follow, God created June."
11. "Summertime is always the best of what might be."
12. "A little bit of summer is what the whole year is all about."
13. "Summer nights and my radio / Well that's all we need, baby, don'tcha know?"
14. "Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it."
15. "Summer afternoon, summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language."
16. "The summer night is like a perfection of thought."
17. "A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in."