On the long, arduous road to success,quitting often looks like an attractive option.
Use these quotes, not only keep you going, but also as a source of practical advice to help you reach your goals:
1. "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" Mary Anne Radmacher
It's easy to keep going when everything's working out your way. It takes real courage to face the consequences of failure and to keep trying even after you've failed.
2. "If at first you don't succeed, you're running about average." M.H. Alderson
This may be hard to swallow when you're in the middle of a massive failure. But failure is inevitable. Nobody succeeds all the time, so if you failed, hey, welcome to the club!
3. "When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this--you haven't." Thomas Edison
Don't give up. Trust that the answer is out there. You just haven't found it yet.
4. "When I have one week to solve a seemingly impossible problem, I spend six days defining the problem. Then, the solution becomes obvious." Albert Einstein
When solution after solution doesn't work, you have to stop and ask, are you understanding the problem? Have you even identified the correct problem?
5. "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got." Henry Ford
It's amazing how stubbornly people stick with a failed experiment. If you want to get a different result, then you must do something different.
6. "No one said it would be easy." Sheryl Crow
Entrepreneurship is hard work. Success is hard work. If you think otherwise, it's because you've only been watching other people's highlight reels.
7. "Failure is only failure if it happens in the last chapter. Otherwise, it's a plot twist." Danny Iny
Failure brings you closer to discovering what works, so instead of calling something a failure, reframe it as a pivot or plot twist in your life story.
8. "Action is the foundational key to all success." Pablo Picasso
Don't get stuck on planning. Only execution brings you closer to your goal. If you try something and it fails, then you've learned something. If it works, then you double down on it.
9. "The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in the mind at the same time and continue to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald
As you strive for success, you'll get different advice and ideas for what to do. They're all plausible. Make your judgement call and navigate by results.
10. "Culture eats strategy for breakfast." Peter Drucker
Your company's values, how you treat each other, your clients, and stakeholders, and a healthy work culture are more important than the business strategies you execute.
11. "It is the responsibility of leadership to work intelligently with what is given, and not waste time fantasizing about a world of flawless people and perfect choices." Marcus Aurelius
Sometimes you simply have to accept that things are the way they are and make the most of the hand you've been dealt. Pining for perfection, in people and in the choices you make, is a waste of time.
12. "Start where you are, use what you have, and do what you can." Arthur Ashe
It's human nature to compare yourself with others. The problem comes when you let your shortcomings stop you from believing you have what it takes to succeed. No matter what your situation is, remember that you have enough to get started. (You can also grab some free resources here.)
13. "If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together." African saying
You can't succeed by yourself. Seek and welcome the support of family and friends. And build the team that will help you succeed.
When your thinking is clouded by doubt, when you're second-guessing yourself, and when quitting looks like the best choice, look to these quotes to encourage you and point you towards your next steps.