"Rome wasn't built in one day." It is a simple, yet powerful saying.
Everyone who has experienced a form of success knows that it never comes easy. One essential trait that all successful people share is that they're persistent.
Once, when I worked in sales for Radio Disney I called a prospective client 37 times before closing the deal. Could I have been called a stalker? Perhaps. But my persistence paid off and I was able to earn my first big commission check, for $20,000.
I've written before about the power of inspiring quotations to move us and others to action. Today I want to focus on persistence, the trait that most exemplifies the difference between successful people and unsuccessful people. Here are 17 quotes to help inspire you to stay persistent in chasing your goals and dreams:
- "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - Calvin Coolidge
- "Energy and persistence conquer all things." -Benjamin Franklin
- "As long as we are persistence in our pursuit of our deepest destiny, we will continue to grow. We cannot choose the day or time when we will fully bloom. It happens in its own time." - Denis Waitley
- "Success is almost totally dependent upon drive and persistence. The extra energy required to make another effort or try another approach is the secret of winning." -Denis Waitley
- "Never let your persistence and passion turn into stubbornness and ignorance." -Anthony J. D'Angelo
- "The difference between people who believe they have books inside of them and those who actually write books is sheer cussed persistence--the ability to make yourself work at your craft, every day--the belief, even in the face of obstacles, that you've got something worth saying." - Jennifer Weiner
- "When I meet successful people I ask 100 questions as to what they attribute their success to. It is usually the same: persistence, hard work and hiring good people." - Kiana Tom
- "Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
- "The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
- "If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time--a tremendous whack." - Winston Churchill
- "Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence." - Hal Borland
- "Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." -James A. Michener
- "Keep a little fire burning; however small, however hidden." "Keep a little fire burning; however small, however hidden." - Cormac McCarthy, The Road
- "No matter how much falls on us, we keep plowing ahead. That's the only way to keep the roads clear." - Greg Kincaid
- "If you wish to be out front, then act as if you were behind." -Lao Tzu
- "The slogans "hang on" and "press on" have solved and will continue to solve the problems of humanity." - Ogwo David Emenike
- "Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before." - Jacob A. Riis
What was your favorite quote? What is a quote that you think I missed? How can you stay persistent and how will that positively impact your life?