Yes, my LinkedIn bio says I am a serial entrepreneur and New York Times best-selling author of 4 books. However, above all else, as I learned from the late entrepreneur-turned-Senator Frank Lautenberg, I am the husband to a wonderful wife, Carrie, (I married up 3-4 levels), and a father to three amazing children, Kate, Charlotte, and Seth.
I've written several times before about the power of inspiring quotations to move us and others to action. These 19 quotes emphasize the importance of family, because, as Frank told me,
"Your accomplishments in business will not be on your tombstone. But your family will be."
- "I've learned through the years that it's not where you live, it's the people who surround you that make you feel at home." - J.B. McGee
- "The love of family and the admiration of friends is much more important than wealth and privilege." - Charles Kuralt
- "Family is not an important thing. It's everything." - Michael J. Fox
- "Family is the most important thing in the world." - Princess Diana
- "A happy family is but an earlier heaven." - George Bernard Shaw
- "A man should never neglect his family for business." - Walt Disney
- "To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there." - Barbara Bush
- "Without a family, man, alone in the world, trembles with the cold." - Andre Maurois
- "Cherish your human connections--your relationships with friends and family." -Barbara Bush
- "In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future."
- Alex Haley
- "The family is one of nature's masterpieces." - George Santayana
- "The family is the first essential cell of human society." - Pope John XXIII
- "Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten." - David Ogden Stiers
- "A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it." - George Moore
- "I sustain myself with the love of family." - Maya Angelou
- "Home is where you are loved the most and act the worst." - Marjorie Pay Hinckley
- "You are born into your family and your family is born into you. No returns. No exchanges." - Elizabeth Berg
- "Home is people. Not a place. If you go back there after the people are gone, then all you can see is what is not there anymore." - Robin Hobb
- "The most important thing in the world is family and love." - John Wooden
What was your favorite quote? How can you improve your family life, and prioritize your family over work?