Transparency and authenticity are of the most important words I think about on a daily basis. I strive to stay transparent and authentic in every conversation and interaction I have, because I have found that my employees, partners, customers and investors alike all immensely appreciate honesty and sincerity. This is turn has helped me build great relationships with others, and multiple successful businesses.
I've written before about the power of inspiring quotations to move us and others to action. Here, today, are 21 quotes to help inspire your own transparency and authenticity in your interactions with others.
- "I can be a better me than anyone can." -Diana Ross
- "Enlightenment is the key to everything, and it is the key to intimacy, because it is the goal of true authenticity." --Marianne Willliamson
- "We need to find the courage to say no to the things and people that are not serving us if we want to rediscover ourselves and live our lives with authenticity." --Barbara de Angelis
- "Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom." --Thomas Jefferson
- "I know of nothing more valuable, when it comes to the all-important virtue of authenticity, than simply being who you are." --Charles R. Swindoll
- "The keys to brand success are self-definition, transparency, authenticity and accountability." --Simon Mainwaring
- "Yes, in all my research, the greatest leaders looked inward and were able to tell a good story with authenticity and passion." --Deepak Chopra
- "A lack of transparency results in distrust and a deep sense of insecurity."
- "Hard times arouse an instinctive desire for authenticity."--Coco Chanel
- "Be yourself--not your idea of what you think somebody else's idea of yourself should be." --Henry David Thoreau
- "Shine with all you have. When someone tries to blow you out, just take their oxygen and burn brighter." --Katelyn S. Irons
- "Live authentically. Why would you continue to compromise something that's beautiful to create something that is fake?" --Steve Maraboli
- "Authentic brands don't emerge from marketing cubicles or advertising agencies. They emanate from everything the company does. . ." --Howard Schultz
- "Authenticity requires a certain measure of vulnerability, transparency, and integrity" --Janet Louise Stepenson
- "We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be." --May Sarton
- "If you trade your authenticity for safety, you may experience the following: anxiety, depression, eating disorders, addiction, rage, blame, resentment, and inexplicable grief." -Brene Brown
- "I love when things are transparent, free and clear of all inhibition and judgment." --Pharrell Williams
- "Eyes so transparent that through them the soul is seen." --Theophile Gautier
- "Transparency is not the same as looking straight through a building: it's not just a physical idea, it's also an intellectual one." --Helmut Jahn
- "I wish that every human life might be pure transparent freedom." --Simone de Beauvoir
- "Truth never damages a cause that is just." --Mahatma Gandhi
What was your favorite quote? How can you improve your transparency and authenticity in your business and life?