Amazon will create 2,500 full-time jobs at its New Jersey-based fulfillment centers, the company announced Friday. The plan is part of the retail giant's effort to generate 100,000 positions over the course of 18 months. And with its recent hiring announcements, Amazon is in good shape in reaching that goal.

The three new fulfillment centers will join Amazon's existing seven facilities in New Jersey. Workers in Cranbury and Logan Township centers will be in charge of packaging larger items like patio furniture, with Edison-based workers overseeing smaller shipments.

Amazon's news comes less than a week after it announced plans to add 5,000 remote customers service jobs over the next year, giving employees a chance to work from home. The roles, however, would pay $10 per hour, just $2.75 more than Federal minimum wage.

What's more, reports of job opportunities at new fulfillment centers have been announced throughout the country. A warehouse and distribution operation in Frederick County, Virginia and Katy, Texas will bring 1,000 new jobs to each state.

Amazon isn't the only company making a hiring push: Panera said it wants to hire 10,000 new employees by the end of 2017. About 25 percent will be in-café jobs while the remaining 75 percent will be delivery drivers as part of the company's push toward that initiative, according to Panera's President Blaine Hurst.