At the core of Entrepreneurs' Organization (EO)'s mission is an unwavering commitment to helping entrepreneurs at every stage learn and grow to new levels of leadership and achieve goals--including New Year's resolutions for business and beyond. As you strive to grow into the CEO you aim to become, the following 10 podcasts will help you motivate, balance and achieve.
As 2018 wanes and you commit to ambitious New Year's resolutions for 2019, consider this: 80 percent of resolutions fail by February. Yet, we all want to be a better version of ourselves in the new year, so what's the solution?
Here's a resolution-hack for leaders who want to grow and succeed: Listen to these 10 podcasts to uncover the mindset, habits and knowledge necessary to keep resolutions and achieve your goals.
Discipline and Habits
Maintaining the discipline to achieve goals is an obvious barrier to keeping resolutions, which is why it's important to understand the science and biology behind human habits. If sticking to goals or resolutions is a struggle, give these podcasts a listen:
1. PsychCrunch, a podcast by the British Psychological Society's Research Digest, focuses on topics like avoiding procrastination and how to break bad habits and create new healthy habits. Featuring psychiatrists and researchers, entrepreneurs can leverage this science-backed podcast as they set and achieve goals.
2. Beat Your Genes is a podcast that explores how our ancestors' challenges and genetic makeup contribute to modern issues including distraction and short-term thinking―and how you can overcome these tendencies.
Health and Fitness
It's no surprise to anyone who spent December in a "just one more cookie" mindset that 37 percent of people resolve to eat better and exercise more in the new year. With these podcasts, 2019 can be your healthiest year yet.
3. Bulletproof Radio features Dave Asprey, founder of Bulletproof Coffee, whose podcast and passion for biohacking, health and fitness provides hours of cutting-edge knowledge. From Hacking Your Relationship with Food to From Rock-Bottom to Rock-Hard Abs with Natalie Jill, Dave's podcasts make health and fitness fascinating and resolutions easier to keep.
Remember that fitness goals should be SMART: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely. If you resolved to lose weight in 2018 but didn't, stay motivated in 2019 with SMART goals―for example, hitting the gym three times per week for 40 minutes to lose 25 pounds by January 2020 qualifies as a SMART goal.
4. Dandapani's Wonder podcast episode reveals the secrets to living a more conscious, mentally healthy life. For entrepreneurs seeking focus and purpose, Dandapani--a Hindu monk--provides a new perspective on concentration, plus introduces the benefits of meditation.
Finance and Prosperity
Financial health, alongside physical and mental health, tops the list of most commonly made--and abandoned--New Year's resolutions.
5. So Money. Personal finance doesn't have to be dry! If you're determined to make 2019 a prosperous year, subscribe to this podcast hosted by Farnoosh Torabi, who offers a fun, fresh look at personal finance with guests such as Robert Kiyosaki of Rich Dad Poor Dad fame and Tim Chen, co-founder and CEO of Nerdwallet.
6. NPR's Planet Money explores economics and factors that affect your wallet and empower you to become better-informed and more financially savvy. You can discover the economics behind ticket scalpers with guest Kid Rock or understand why LeBron James remains underpaid―at least from the viewpoint of an economist.
Career Growth and Starting a Business
Perhaps 2019 is the year to finally start your business, invest in your career or grow your network. Luckily, there are plenty of podcasts to lean on here, too.
7. Wonder podcast from Entrepreneurs' Organization features insights about business and career growth with entrepreneurs and thought-leaders, including Toni Ko on growing NYX Cosmetics to a $500 million brand and David Nour on building real relationships and networks. It's more than just thought leadership; it's actionable advice you can use today.
8. Unemployable is a must-listen podcast for entrepreneurs, solopreneurs and freelancers, featuring episodes that resonate with those who choose a slightly different career path than most. Whether you need help establishing good habits to grow your business or want to learn how to build a six-figure business as a solopreneur, Unemployable deserves a listen.
Leave Your Comfort Zone
Falling into a routine is easy enough to do, so why not leverage the fresh start of 2019 as the reason to try something new―like a unique hobby or travel destination?
9. Travelogue, Condé Nast Traveler's podcast, is ideal for the seasoned traveler looking for a new 2019 destination or first-time explorer seeking an unforgettable road trip. Get ready to expand your horizons!
10. I Need a Hobby. Have you ever mindlessly flipped through the TV channels and realized, "I need a hobby"? Then this is the podcast for you. Exploring a new activity every single week makes life a lot more interesting. From jigsaw puzzles to coffee to rock climbing, each comedy-packed episode will put you closer to a new activity or hobby that breaks your routine and uncovers new skills and interests.
As 2019 draws near, tune in to these valuable podcasts that'll help you keep your New Year's resolutions. A year from now, you'll be glad you did!