It's impossible to know whether your campaign is gaining traction without measuring certain metrics known as key point indicators (KPIs). Analyzing data-driven information will tell you at what pace your business is moving and how long it will take to reach your objectives. You can't improve what you don't know, so regularly measuring your email campaign's KPIs is essential.
There are several key metrics to monitor for your campaign:
- Open rate: the number of emails that were opened out of all that were sent
- Click-through rate: the amount of links that are clicked in your email
- Bounce rate: when an email gets sent back to you because the email address is invalid or can't currently receive emails
- Unsubscribe rate: includes the recipients that unsubscribe during and after your campaign
- Conversion rate: how many users performed the action that you wanted them to in your email
Always monitor your campaign's progress in relation to your business goals. From there, formulate a more streamlined strategy to bring in higher conversions.