Fortunately, I'm at the Reader's Legacy conference in Las Vegas listening to Nick Boothman, author of the huge bestseller "How to Make People Like You in 90 Seconds or Less," Since I'm an extreme introvert, everything he's said has struck me as powerful, painful and valuable truths. What really hit home for me:
- If you don't speak up, nothing will ever happen.
- It's what you *must* have in your life that makes you powerful.
- Be brave, take risks, blame no-one.
- Opportunity never knocks, it slaps you on the face.
- Capture people's imagination and you'll capture their hearts and wallets.
- The world is full of introverts trying desperately to be extraverts, so just relax because you're not alone.
- Exterior motivation is temporary; tue motivation comes from your heart.
- If you're going to grow, you must meet new people, go new places, and change your routines.
- We've been trained to avoid risk but we only come alive when we're a little afraid.