The Ultimate Valuation Guide
If you're thinking of selling a business, you need to know what it's worth. If you're not thinking of selling, you still need to know. Let's run the numbers.
- The Number Cruncher Versus the Vision Guy
- We asked two appraisers to put a price tag on three different companies. You'll be surprised at just how different their numbers turned out, and how subjective a business valuation can be.
- Valuation Profile: Infinite Conferencing
- What is success in webcasting and conferencing services worth?
- Valuation Profile: Mistral Software
- They make cell phone software, but can they make a killing?
- Valuation Profile: Vivid Sky
- Can a handheld guide at sporting events lead to a big win?
- Get the Number You Want
- The balance sheet doesn't tell the whole story. A successful valuation takes into account lots of intangibles--and they can add up. Here are five ways to boost the final figure.
- Hot or Not?
- The market is awash in capital, and more investors are putting it into entrepreneurial firms. But not all businesses are created equal. Here's a look at the most, and least, valuable industries today.
All business brokers aren't created equal. Use this advice to find a trustworthy broker.
- For Sale: The American Dream
- Need help selling your company? Lots of folks out there claim that they can help you get the most for your business. Don't believe everything you hear.
- Questions to Ask a Business Broker
- Judge whether a business broker is the one for you by asking these six questions.
- Finding the Right Business Broker
- Interviewing more than one broker, paying attention to success rates and fees, and determining how committed a broker is to selling your business are just three ways to determine whether or not you've found a reliable broker.
- Red Flags in Choosing a Business Broker
- Look for these six signs that a broker you're considering hiring may not be a good choice.
The Sales Process
From planning to vetting potential buyers, use these strategies to guide and control the sales process.
- Tips on Selling a Business
- Thinking of selling your business? Read these six smart tips first.
- Selling Your Business
- Advice on preparing to sell your company, including tips on choosing the right type of buyer, avoiding a costly audit, and dealing through brokers and other intermediaries.
- Grilling Potential Buyers
- Techniques one CEO used to get the best deal when he sold his company.
- Keeping Your Numbers Secret
- Three tips for keeping negotiations secret when you're trying to sell your business.