Why did Michael Strahan broadcast from the Good Morning America studios in the early days of Covid despite his own fears?
Inc. Editor-in-Chief Scott Omelianuk asked him about it when they taped a conversation for Inc's 2020 Vision Conference. Strahan, also host of the conference's Inc. 5000 Gala, had a simple powerful answer that should resonate with anyone who aspires to be a leader: because people needed him. In those early days, they needed to hear the news, hear the most accurate information available and, no doubt, hear it from someone they trusted. With Robin Roberts at risk and George Stephanopoulos Covid positive, the Super Bowl champion knew it was up to him to step in despite his own risk and being scared himself.
It's one of many inspirational moments they discussed, a few of which might well be life changing. Other notable speakers you'll meet at Vision 2020:
- Mark Cuban, serial entrepreneur and investor; star of Shark Tank; and owner, Dallas Mavericks
- Rebecca Minkoff, co-founder and creative director, Rebecca Minkoff
- Daymond John, founder and CEO, FUBU; star of Shark Tank; and author, Powershift
- Marshall Goldsmith, business coach, and author, What Got You Here Won't Get You There, Mojo, Lifestorming, and Triggers
- Blake Griffin, serial entrepreneur and NBA player, Detroit Pistons
- Danny Meyer, restaurateur and founder and CEO, Union Square Hospitality Group