Visit Fast Forward, Intel's new business resource center, for actionable insights for small business success.
We could all use a little bit of inspiration, whether in our work or personal lives. If you are feeling stuck in your career, struggling to achieve a positive relationship with a difficult boss, or in need of an uplifting message during a challenging personal time, an inspiring quote can stay with you long after you have heard it or read it. Some of the most memorable words of wisdom on leadership are focused on inspiration, learning, growing, and overcoming challenges and obstacles. They come from the minds of icons as diverse as Leonardo da Vinci and Oprah Winfrey.
Adversity and Challenges
When personal adversity strikes, like being passed over for a promotion, or rejected from a job you had your heart set on, you may easily find yourself obsessing over what you may have done wrong, or what other people have to offer that you don't. Instead, believe in the notion that when one door closes, another one (and likely a better one) will open. Here are some quotes to help you move past those difficult work, business, and life challenges:
1. "If you look at what you have in life, you'll always have more. If you look at what you don't have in life, you'll never have enough." -Oprah Winfrey
2. "Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck." -Dalai Lama
3. "Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." -Robert F. Kennedy
4. "Our very survival depends on our ability to stay awake, to adjust to new ideas, to remain vigilant, and to face the challenge of change." -Martin Luther King Jr.
Passion for Your Work
Having passion for their work helps good leaders become even better. These inspiring quotes may provide you with the motivation you need to take the leap of faith it requires to become a small-business owner, go after that dream job, and obtain your life's goals.
5. "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it." -Steve Jobs
6. "Dream more than others think practical. Expect more than others think possible. Care more than others think wise." -Howard Schultz
7. "Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world." -Harriet Tubman
Learning and Growing
Learning is an ongoing process throughout our personal and professional lives, even when you are in a leadership role. It is important to evolve in a career and engage in personal growth through a progression of acquiring new skills, having experiences, and enhancing personal wisdom.
8. "Learning never exhausts the mind." -Leonardo da Vinci
9. "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." -Simon Sinek
10. "Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
Intel Corporation. Intel and the Intel logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries