Every successful person I know has willpower, determination, and drive. They may not be smarter than everyone else. They may not be more talented, more skilled, or more experienced.
But what they do have is the willingness to persevere. Here are 51 great motivational quotes to inspire you to keep pushing forward when others will not.
1. "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it."
-- Steve Jobs
2. "When you're different, sometimes you don't see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn't."
-- Jodi Picoult
3. "Confidence comes not from always being right, but from not fearing to be wrong."
-- Peter T. McIntyre
4. "When someone tells me 'no,' it doesn't mean I can't do it, it simply means I can't do it with them."
-- Karen E. Quinones Miller
5. "Pride is holding your head up when everyone around you has theirs bowed. Courage is what makes you do it."
-- Bryce Courtenay
6. "You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with."
-- Wayne Dyer
7. "Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions...do your thing, and don't care if they like it."
-- Tina Fey
8. "The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you."
-- William Jennings Bryan
9. "If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced."
-- Vincent van Gogh
10. "Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles, and less-than-perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident, and more and more successful."
-- Mark Victor Hansen
11. "Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover."
-- Sarah Frances Brown
12. "Low self-confidence isn't a life sentence. Self-confidence can be learned, practiced, and mastered--just like any other skill. Once you master it, everything in your life will change for the better."
-- Barrie Davenport
13. "Always be yourself and have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and try to duplicate it."
-- Bruce Lee
14. "Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement."
-- Golda Meir
15. "One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation."
-- Arthur Ashe
16. "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
17. "People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within."
-- Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
18. "Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours."
-- Richard Bach
19. "The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself, in spite of being unacceptable."
-- Paul Tillich
20. "If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-- Thomas Alva Edison
21. "Shyness has a strange element of narcissism, a belief that how we look, how we perform, is truly important to other people."
-- Andre Dubus
22. "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?"
-- Marianne Williamson
23. "Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do."
-- Dr. Benjamin Spock
24. "Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don't let these feelings stop them."
-- T. Harv Eker
25. "You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can't have it."
-- Dr. Robert Anthony
26. "It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."
-- Sir Edmund Hillary
27."To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance."
-- Oscar Wilde
28. "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy."
-- Dale Carnegie
29. "Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude."
-- Thomas Jefferson
30. "Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have."
-- Brian Tracy
31. "If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think."
-- T. Harv Eker
32. "To anyone that ever told you you're no good.... They're no better."
-- Hayley Williams
33. "The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus."
-- Bruce Lee
34. "Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
-- Christopher Robin
35. "Some people dream of success while others wake up and work."
36. "You have no control over other people's taste, so focus on staying true to your own."
-- Tim Gunn
37. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
-- Eleanor Roosevelt
38. "I never dreamed about success, I worked for it."
-- Estee Lauder
40. "The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it."
-- J.M. Barrie
41. "The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary."
-- Vidal Sassoon
42. "It's a dead-end street if you sit around waiting for someone else to tell you you're OK."
-- Michael Pitt
43. "All progress takes place outside the comfort zone."
-- Michael John Bobak
44. "I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you've done."
-- Robert Downey Jr.
45. "The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. It's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere."
-- Barack Obama
46. "Don't be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth."
47. "Never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense."
-- Winston Churchill
48. "We avoid the things that we're afraid of because we think there will be dire consequences if we confront them. But the truly dire consequences in our lives come from avoiding things that we need to learn about or discover."
-- Shakti Gawain
49. "Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts."
-- Winston S. Churchill
50. "Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens
51. "Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit."
-- Conrad Hilton