Headed to SXSW and interested in building your network? Chances are you have most of your itinerary planned out already, but have a gap or two in your schedule. In that case, here are some events you ought to consider:
- On Friday 3/13, head to Welcome to SXSW Interactive to hear Hugh Forrest talk about SXSW Interactive 2015. Plus, meet some of your fellow attendees for the first time and ask questions about this year's programming.
- Also on Friday, Dorie Clark will be debuting her new book, Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It. As an admirer of her previous book Reinventing You and frequent columns elsewhere, Stand Out is on my must-read-ASAP list. Details here.
- The third-annual Gigya Grill will be held March 13-15 at Austin's El Sol y La Luna restaurant during SXSW 2015. RSVP here.
- Priori Legal will be hosting a Recharge Lounge on Saturday 3/14 and Sunday 3/15. It kicks off both days at 12pm and goes until about 3pm. Join an exclusive curated group of founders, investors and startup execs. RSVP here (day 1) or here (day 2).
- Speaking of recharging, the good folks at Phox Charge are sponsoring charging stations all over SXSW. I've found that charging stations are great places to meet people; after all, you've got to kill time while recharging, don't you? You can find the Phox Charge's charging stations map here.
- On Saturday 3/14, Laurie Davis of eFlirt and Thomas Edwards of The Professional Wingman will be hosting "How Technology Created America's Tweethearts"--the incredible story of how two relationship coaches fell in love over Twitter, and what the future of eRomance looks like. Details here.
- On Sunday 3/15, Chiyoko Osborne and Jen Kluczkowski of Yoga Means Business will be hosting "Boost Brain and Body at Work With Yoga"--exactly the kind of activity a busy networker needs to work into their schedule. Details here.
- On Sunday 3/15, Union Metrics is hosting a brunch with arguably the best name ever: Metrics and Mimosas. RSVP here.
- NYCer (such as myself) in Austin for the week? NY Tech has a great rundown of events that are related to New York and #NYCTech.
- The Samsung Blogger Lounge will be open to social and digital influencers through Monday, March 16 with internet, power outlets, and Galaxy Tab S devices synced to Level headphones for guests to experience Milk Music.
- I'd be remiss if I didn't include Inc. Presents: The Honest Company, featuring Inc. Features Editor, Lindsay Blakely, as well as Jessica Alba and Brian Lee of The Honest Company, on Sunday 3/15 at the Austin Convention Center.
Of course, this is but a small list of all the fun events at SXSW 2015. You can view the entire schedule here. And for the events above and in general, make sure you have the proper credentials (i.e., an official SXSW badge) to RSVP and gain admittance.