When it comes to the question of how your life will turn out, no one can tell you for certain. But that doesn't mean some people can't offer a good guess.
With enough experience and cleverness, certain folks get pretty good at picking up patterns and trends, so that they can say with a degree of certainty, "people who do this, tend to have that result," or "X traits are often correlated with Y outcome." It's not psychic power, but it can be pretty fascinating nonetheless.
Jaime Tardy, author of The Eventual Millionaire: How Anyone Can Be an Entrepreneur and Successfully Grow Their Startup, thinks she has this knack for millionaires. Following her own struggle with debt and a resolution to improve her financial fortunes, Tardy started interviewing millionaires for inspiration and insight, Jessica Mai recently reported on Business Insider. Soon she started to notice some patterns that she feels identify "eventual millionaires."
She packaged her insight into a quick 18-question quiz that she claims can help you foretell your financial future. "Tardy found answering 'yes' to more than half of the following questions may indicate you have a mindset similar to those who have earned $1 million already--which says good things for your chances of doing it yourself," explains Mai. Here they are:
- Do you consistently think of ideas to earn more money?
- Do you usually care about value and spend less than you earn?
- Do you already feel successful in many things, but aren't sure you can do something on your own?
- Do you know you are destined for great things, but feel like things aren't moving fast enough?
- Have you always wanted to be in control of your own time and experiences, but right now feel like you are just trying to get by?
- Have you tried business ideas that didn't work out before, but still have the passion to try new ones?
- Does the idea of working for someone else the rest of your life scare you?
- Does having a boss feel constricting, and you don't want someone telling you what to do?
- Do you have the idea of waiting until retirement to enjoy your life and the world?
- Do you believe that success and wealth are in your power, but you don't want to rely on others?
- Do you want to travel more but don't have enough vacation days?
- Are you able to daydream about what you want to be when you grow up, no matter how old you are?
- Do you only sleep four to five hours per night because you are too excited about your new ideas or business?
- Do you read success stories and think, "What made them so successful? How come I haven't made it yet?"
- Do you want to do work that matters, not just something that pays well?
- Do you want to become a better person through personal growth?
- Do you want to leave a legacy?
- Do you want to give more, but feel unable right now?
According to these questions, are you a millionaire in the making?