It can be natural to question your present reality when you're going about a daily routine. But metaphysical concepts and ideas can be used to motivate you in a very positive way. Imagine commuting into work on a Monday morning feeling pumped up or simply inspired to have a productive week. Here are eleven metaphysical quotes that can help you achieve your professional goals.
1. "It's not the events of our lives that shape us, but our beliefs as to what those events mean." - Tony Robbins
Tony Robbins is one of the most respected motivational speakers in the industry today and this quote points out that perception is reality.
2. "From the standpoint of daily life, however, there is one thing we do know: that we are here for the sake of each other - above all for those upon whose smile and well-being our own happiness depends, and also for the countless unknown souls with whose fate we are connected by a bond of sympathy." - Albert Einstein
Despite his achievements, Einstein never forgot that mankind is here to help each other. He also showed appreciation for the many hard workers who came before him in history to make his work possible.
3. "It has been said that we find our significance by working through difficulty, not by cringing in its presence. Whenever fear presents itself, it should be met, analyzed and, if possible, intelligently eliminated. If we cannot perform some intelligent activity when confronted with fear, then we should do something foolish - but action is imperative. - Dr. Thurman Fleet
One of the more influential "self-help" leaders of the 20th Century, Fleet founded the Concept Therapy Institute. He reminds us that even a bit of foolishness can be a good thing if you're taking action.
4. "Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life." - Wayne Dyer Known as the "Father of Motivation," Dr. Wayne Dyer was the epitome of turning his passion into a career.
5. "For every outside there is an inside and for every inside there is an outside, and although they are different, they go together." - Alan Watts
This British philosopher's words could be used to describe the differences found in the workplace. Although team members are different, they go together.
6. "If things do not turn out as we wish, we should wish for them as they turn out." - Aristotle
Sometimes things do not go as planned. Aristotle's quote reminds us of the importance of being able to adapt.
7. "There are no boundaries in the universe. Boundaries are illusions, products not of reality but of the way we map and edit reality. And while it is fine to map out the territory, it is fatal to confuse the two." - Ken Wilber
We set our own boundaries, but writer Ken Wilber believes there are no boundaries outside of those we set for ourselves.
8. "The universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you already are." - Jalaluddin Rumi
Rumi was a Persian poet whose words are perfect for reminding yourself you control your own destiny.
9. "Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Long before The Secret, poet Ralph Waldo Emerson introduced the theory that our thoughts can create our reality.
10. "Attention is very much like a searchlight, and it should be mounted in such a way that it can be trained on any subject freely." - Eknath Easwaran
Where are you putting your attention each day? Author Eknath Easwaran believes that if we want something, we need to put all our attention on it.
11. "To know that we know what we know, and to know that we do not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge." - Nicolaus Copernicus
Learning is an important part of growing in any profession. Well-known astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus realized that realizing how much we have left to learn is true wisdom.
Metaphysics apply to all areas of life, including our professional pursuits. When we can gather the wisdom of great minds of the past and present, we can find inspiration that will help us achieve everything we've dreamed of doing in life.