What inspires you the most?
For these entrepreneurs, it took hard work, persistence--and a little motivation from friends and family. During their key early development years, they found there was one inspirational quote that added an extra dose of motivation. Here they are.
1. "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results" Winston Churchill (from Ilene Adler, founder and CEO of Vantage PR)
2. "It is apparent to me that the possibilities of the aeroplane, which two or three years ago were thought to hold the solution to the [flying machine] problem, have been exhausted, and that we must turn elsewhere." Thomas Edison (from Arijit Sengupta's, CEO and founder of BeyondCore)
3. "I was once afraid of people saying, 'Who does she think she is?' Now I have the courage to stand and say, 'This is who I am'." Oprah Winfrey (from Jane Nyachiro, founder of Jirano)
4. "Don't be attached to romantic notions of how business should be run. Go where the evidence takes you." Gary Loveman, CEO of Caesars Entertainment Corporation and former Harvard Business School professor (from Brad Peters, Co-founder and Chief Product Officer of Birst)
5. "People with positive energy are generally extroverted and optimistic. They make conversation and friends easily. They start a day with enthusiasm and usually end up that way too, rarely seeming to tire in the middle. They don't complain about working hard, they love to work." Jack Welch (from Dalia Asterbadi, founder of realSociable)
6. "I will do today what others will not do, so tomorrow I can do what others cannot do." Randy Gage (from Judie Freels, founder of 911CASPER.com)
7. "If you can't sleep, then get up and do something instead of lying there worrying. It's the worry that gets you, not the lack of sleep." Dale Carnegie (from Alex Rouse, founder of Toner Emporium)
8. "See things in the present, even if they are in the future." Larry Ellison (Patrick Freuler, founder of Audicus)
10. "If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success" John D. Rockefeller (from Tom Bukacek, founder of Black Box Social Media)