He wants to be commander-in-chief. Some say he might even make a good run. But Donald Trump has a way of making statements that make you wonder if he has a filter, even for an entrepreneur. Here are his top most outrageous quotes.
1. “Remember the five billion dollar website? We spend $5 billion on a website. And to this day it doesn’t work. A five billion dollar website. I have so many websites, I have them all over the place. I hire people, I do a website, it costs me $3.”
2. "I don't hire a lot of number-crunchers, and I don't trust fancy marketing surveys. I do my own surveys and draw my own conclusions."
3. “Free trade is terrible. Free trade can be wonderful if you have smart people. But we have stupid people.”
4. “Part of the beauty of me is that I am very rich.”
5. “I like thinking big. If you’re going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big.”
6. “I mean, there’s no arguing. There is no anything. There is no beating around the bush. “You’re fired” is a very strong term.”
7. "I'm the number one developer in New York. I'm the biggest in Atlantic City, and maybe we will keep it that way."
8. “These are stupid people that say, `Oh didn’t Trump declare bankruptcy? Didn’t he go bankrupt?’ I didn’t go bankrupt.”
9. “I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created. I will bring back our jobs from China, from Mexico, from Japan, from so many places. I’ll bring back our jobs and I’ll bring back our money.”
10. “I don't do it for the money. I've got enough, much more than I'll ever need. I do it to do it. Deals are my art form.”
11. "I had loftier dreams and visions. And there was no way to implement them building houses in the boroughs."
12. "I always had big plans, even when I was very young. I would build skyscrapers with my building blocks."
13. "Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yarmulkes every day."
14. “When I build something for somebody, I always add $50 million or $60 million onto the price. My guys come in, they say it’s going to cost $75 million. I say it’s going to cost $125 million, and I build it for $100 million. Basically, I did a lousy job. But they think I did a great job.”
15. “Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest–and you all know it! Please don’t feel so stupid or insecure, it’s not your fault.”
16. “I have made the tough decisions, always with an eye toward the bottom line. Perhaps it’s time America was run like a business.”
17. “I’m a bit of a P. T. Barnum. I make stars out of everyone.”
18. “I’m really rich. And by the way, I’m not saying that in a bragging way, that’s the kind of mindset you need for this country. We gotta make this country rich.”
19. "I know the smartest negotiators in the world. I know the good ones, I know the bad ones, I know the overrated ones. You got a lot of them that are overrated. They're not good, they think they are, they get good stories, cause the newspapers get buffaloed. But they're not good. But I know the best negotiators in the world. I'd put them one for each country. Believe me, folks, we'd do very well."
20. “I’m proud of my net worth, I’ve done an amazing job … The total is $8,737,540,000 US. I’m not doing that to brag, because you know what, I don’t have to brag.”