These quick quotes from Mark Cuban show how his mind works--quick, the point, helpful, a heavy dose of perseverance, and a touch of pride.
1. "Sweat equity is the most valuable equity there is. Know your business and industry better than anyone else in the world. Love what you do or don't do it."
2. "If you're prepared and you know what it takes, it's not a risk. You just have to figure out how to get there. There is always a way to get there."
3. "It's not in the dreaming, it's in the doing."
4. "It doesn't matter how many times you fail. You only have to be right once and then everyone can tell you that you are an overnight success."
5. "I love to challenge conventional wisdom. I'm a big believer that in business and in politics, when everyone is doing the same thing, none are probably as effective or successful as they could be."
6. "There are no shortcuts. You have to work hard, and try to put yourself in a position where if luck strikes, you can see the opportunity and take advantage of it."
7. "The only thing any entrepreneur, salesperson or anyone in any position can control is their effort."
8. "My dad says it over and over, 'Today's the youngest you're ever going to be. You've got to live like it. You've got to live young every day.' And that's what I try to do."