The holidays are a time to take a break from work, discovery a new hobby, or read a book. They are also a time to gobble down some wonderful holiday treats.
For the next co-worker shindig or to gift your employees, here is my annual roundup of the best new holiday treats.
1. Cinnabon MiniBon Rolls ($50)
Yes, you can order Cinnabon online. These smaller rolls are divided up into single blocks of goodness so you can share them at an office party.
2. Bixby Winter Bonbon Collections ($16 for six)
These delightful bonbons come in flavors like peppermint and pecan pie. I like them because they are sweet but not overloaded with sugar.
3. MarieBelle Dark Chocolate Truffle Box ($40)
Made out of Maracaibo chocolate, these truffles are blended with cream and cocoa powder. Each one melts in your mouth.
4. Hilliards Chocolates Peppermint Bark ($30)
The surprising thing about this holiday gift set is the wooden box that arrives with a bow. The peppermint bark has a sweet, crunchy appeal.
5. 12 Oak Desserts Cake Gems ($24)
A cake pop is basically a small piece of cake on a stick. These Cake Gems remove the stick and come in a box but are still just as scrumptious.
6. Michel et Augustin Holiday Cookie Gift Box in Dark Chocolate Sea Salt ($10)
I fell for the presentation (it's well-designed and has a quirky French theme) for this gift box filled with 20 shortbread cookies, all individually wrapped.
7. Madécasse Chocolate Bar Gift Set ($20)
This set of four chocolate bars is also a quirky delight, mostly because of the bountiful flavors. There's another gift set for $50 that includes 12 bars.
8. Harry & David Chocolate Mocha Yule Log Cake ($140)
My top pick for the season, this Yule log cake has multiple layers of chocolate and--from a purely practical standpoint--could feed an entire team of hungry holiday-goers.