Creativity is the lifeblood of successful entrepreneurs. It breeds new ideas, fosters new relationships and, day by day, changes the world. However, in an era of constant stimulation, it's easy to get stuck in a creative rut.
Creativity--the use of the imagination or original ideas, especially in the production of an artistic work.
When I thought about people who had created a paradigm shift in society through their creativity, I immediately thought of the great American inventors. As Nikola Tesla (who became an American citizen in his 30s) said, "Invention is the most important product of man's creative brain."
If you're in need of some inspiration for your next big idea, look no further than these 28 quotes on innovation and creativity.
1. "Creativity is intelligence having fun."
3. "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."
4. "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
5. "Play is the highest form of research."
7. "Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere."
8. "I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."
9. "To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."
10. "There are no rules here--we're trying to accomplish something."
12. "The value of an idea lies in the using of it."
13. "Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then he gets discouraged. That's not the place to become discouraged."
14. "Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out."
15. "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."
17. "Many people die at 25 and aren't buried until they are 75."
19. "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right."
20. "The short successes that can be gained in a brief time and without difficulty are not worth much."
22. "The most dangerous notion a young man can acquire is that there is no more room for originality."
24. "The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine."
25. "Be alone, that is the secret of invention; be alone, that is when ideas are born."
27. "I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success."
28. "All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed--only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle."
Looking for even more actionable quotes on the trends that are driving the industry--and your business--forward? Read these 288 business quotes from leaders like Martha Stewart, Simon Sinek, Malcolm Gladwell, and more.