As 2017 moves into 2018, I'm reminded of the new beginning granted with the coming of each new year. It may be difficult to summon the stick-to-it-iveness required to see these chances through, but as they say, no pain, no gain. As a businessman and a human, I have every opportunity to start fresh, take advantage of new opportunities, and to attack life with renewed vigor.
Here are 18 quotes that may inspire you to grab 2018 by the horns right away.
1. "And now let us welcome the new year, full of things that never were." -- Rainer Maria Rilke
2. "You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down." -- Mary Pickford
3. "It is never too late to be what you might have been." -- George Eliot
4. "We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come." -- Joseph Campbell
5. "For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning." --T.S. Eliot
6. "You raze the old to raise the new." --Justina Chen, North of Beautiful
7. "Maybe I ain't too old to start over, I think and I laugh and cry at the same time at this. Cause just last night I thought I was finished with everything new." -- Kathryn Stockett, The Help
8. "Morning will come, it has no choice." --Marty Rubin
9. "Every man should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page." --Henry Ward Beecher
10. "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." -- Saint Francis of Assisi
11. "Life is not a dress rehearsal. Stop practicing what you're going to do and just go do it. In one bold stroke you can transform today." -- Marilyn Grey
12. "We must always change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves, otherwise we harden." -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
13. "He has drawn back, only in order to have enough room for his leap." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
14. "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." -- Walt Disney
15. "Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance." -- Oprah Winfrey
16. "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently." -- Henry Ford
17. "The visionary starts with a clean sheet of paper, and re-imagines the world." -- Malcolm Gladwell
18. "It isn't all over; everything has not been invented; the human adventure is just beginning." -- Gene Roddenberry