Nearly everyone's personal soundtrack must include at least one song from Sting or at the very least his original band, The Police. With a hit music career spanning more than 40 years, this award-winning icon has given so much beyond art through philanthropy and activism. Ready to be inspired? Throw on Ten Summoners Tales and enjoy the ride as you read his practical wisdom.
1. "It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile."
2. "The acceptance of death gives you more of a stake in life, in living life happily, as it should be lived. Living for the moment.."
3. "That sense of failure, I don't know where people put it who don't write songs and aren't able to emote physically. It must go somewhere.."
4. "One of the rewards of success is freedom, the ability to do whatever you like."
5. "I'm very much afraid of being mad - that's my one fear."
6. "I can't really change my life to accommodate people who are jealous. I don't see why I should."
7. "The logical process will often be the safe one. I tend, when I'm given that choice, to go the way that's not safe."
8. "Love is stronger than justice."
9. "I think love has something to do with allowing a person you claim to love to enter a larger arena than the one you create for them."
10. "I don't need to manufacture trauma in my life to be creative. I have a big enough reservoir of sadness or emotional trauma to last me."
11. "I realize that nothing's as it seems."
12. "Success always necessitates a degree of ruthlessness. Given the choice of friendship or success, I'd probably choose success."
13. "I don't think happiness is necessarily the reason we're here. I think we're here to learn and evolve, and the pursuit of knowledge is what alleviates the pain of being human."
14. "When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around."
15. "I've never lost perspective on who I am. Well, maybe briefly, but generally I'm pretty balanced."
16. "I was famous overnight. I went from nowhere to being really big."
17. "Let your soul be your pilot."
18. "You have to be yourself. Stay true to who and what you are. And if people still like you, that's great! If they don't, that's their problem."
19. "Men go crazy in congregation. They only get better one by one."
20. "In my quest to become unique, I've become a statistic."
21. "A lot of people approach risk as if it's the enemy when it's really fortune's accomplice."