Now that 2015 is over, it's time to kick 2016 into gear. Here is a quote for each week of the year to get you excited and keep you inspired.
1. "New Year's Day. A fresh start. A new chapter in life waiting to be written. New questions to be asked, embraced, and loved. Answers to be discovered and then lived in this transformative year of delight and self-discovery. Today carve out a quiet interlude for yourself in which to dream, pen in hand. Only dreams give birth to change."
-Sarah Ban Breathnach
2. "The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes. Unless a particular man made New Year resolutions, he would make no resolutions. Unless a man starts afresh about things, he will certainly do nothing effective."
3. "Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right."
4. "The New Year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals."
5. "And now we welcome the new year. Full of things that have never been."
-Rainer Maria Rilke
6. "I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're doing something."
7. "Let our New Year's resolution be this: we will be there for one another as fellow members of humanity, in the finest sense of the word."
8. "If you asked me for my New Year Resolution, it would be to find out who I am."
9. "Dates that come around every year help us measure progress in our lives. One annual event, New Year's Day, is a time of reflection and resolution."
-Joseph B. Wirthlin
10. "Take a leap of faith and begin this wondrous New Year by believing. Believe in yourself. And believe that there is a loving Source - a Sower of Dreams - just waiting to be asked to help you make your dreams come true."
-Sarah Ban Breathnach
11. "Make New Year's goals. Dig within, and discover what you would like to have happen in your life this year. This helps you do your part. It is an affirmation that you're interested in fully living life in the year to come."
12. "A true initiation never ends."
-Robert Anton Wilson
13. "Genuine beginnings begin within us, even when they are brought to our attention by external opportunities."
-William Throsby Bridges
14. "From the end spring new beginnings."
- Pliny the Elder
15. "Good seasons start with good beginnings."
16. "Nourish beginnings, let us nourish beginnings. Not all things are blest, but the seeds of all things are blest. The blessing is in the seed."
17. "When all the world appears to be in a tumult, and nature itself is feeling the assault of climate change, the seasons retain their essential rhythm. Yes, fall gives us a premonition of winter, but then, winter, will be forced to relent, once again, to the new beginnings of soft greens, longer light, and the sweet air of spring."
-Madeleine M. Kunin
18. "The beginnings and endings of all human undertakings are untidy."
19. "Nature is infinitely creative. It is always producing the possibility of new beginnings."
20. "Every contrivance of man, every tool, every instrument, every utensil, every article designed for use, of each and every kind, evolved from a very simple beginnings."
21. "Life is not so much about beginnings and endings as it is about going on and on and on. It is about muddling through the middle."
22. "Beginnings are always messy."
23. "We come to beginnings only at the end."
-William Throsby Bridges
24. "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
-Francis of Assisi
25. "Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can."
26. "The thing about Christmas is that it almost doesn't matter what mood you're in or what kind of a year you've had - it's a fresh start."
27. "I'm just thankful for everything, all the blessings in my life, trying to stay that way. I think that's the best way to start your day and finish your day. It keeps everything in perspective."
28. "Every year on your birthday, you get a chance to start new."
29. "I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning."
-J. B. Priestley
30. "Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is."
31. "Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you'll start to see a big difference in your life."
32. "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with."
-W. C. Fields
33. "It's a heavy burden to look up at the mountain and want to start the climb."
34. "With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts."
35. "Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day."
36. "Every day is a new day, and you'll never be able to find happiness if you don't move on."
37. "You cry and you scream and you stomp your feet and you shout. You say, 'You know what? I'm giving up, I don't care.' And then you go to bed and you wake up and it's a brand new day, and you pick yourself back up again."
38. "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
39. "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." -Seneca
40. "Each day holds a surprise. But only if we expect it can we see, hear, or feel it when it comes to us. Let's not be afraid to receive each day's surprise, whether it comes to us as sorrow or as joy It will open a new place in our hearts, a place where we can welcome new friends and celebrate more fully our shared humanity."
41. "It's time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I'd much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure."
42. "We live between the act of awakening and the act of surrender. Each morning, we awaken to the light and the invitation to a new day in the world of time; each night, we surrender to the dark to be taken to play in the world of dreams where time is no more."
43. "The sun is new each day."
44. "The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun."
45. "Every time you tear a leaf off a calendar, you present a new place for new ideas and progress."
46. "To live in the light of a new day and an unimaginable and unpredictable future, you must become fully present to a deeper truth - not a truth from your head, but a truth from your heart; not a truth from your ego, but a truth from the highest source."
47. "Every day is new. It's just a new day. I look at six hours at a time."
48. "Today is a new day for the land."
49. "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
-C. S. Lewis
50. "Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is beautiful."
51. "Still round the corner there may wait, A new road or a secret gate."
-J. R. R. Tolkien
52. "Let go of yesterday. Let today be a new beginning and be the best that you can, and you'll get to where God wants you to be."