Halloween is great. For one night, you get to live your imagination and let your spirit run wild. It’s great to let that freak flag fly for a little while, stretching your creativity and exploring other worlds. Plus candy! So tonight, live out that fantasy.
But when you return to work tomorrow, it’s the real you that needs to show up. Success requires a clear vision of what you want your future to be, and you’ll never know what you want if you don’t know who you are. Halloween is fun, but it’s also not really you. In business, authenticity is key. If you’re pretending, customers can smell it from a mile away. What’s more, you’ll be unhappy too. Work is an important part of life, and if you’re not being yourself there, you’ll never to able to achieve all you’re capable of.
Let these Halloween-inspired quotes help you live your true self, in life and in business:
1. “Authenticity requires a certain measure of vulnerability, transparency, and integrity.” ― Janet Louise Stephenson
2. “But above all, in order to be, never try to seem.” ― Albert Camus
3. “My fear now is of cliché, of complacency, of not being able to feel authenticity in myself and those around me.” ― John Hawkes
5. “You attract the right things when you have a sense of who you are.” ― Amy Poehler
6. “How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people. What is true is invisible to the eye. It is only with the heart that one can see clearly.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupery
7. “Don’t explain your philosophy. Embody it.” ― Epictetus
8. “The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
10. “Everything will line up perfectly when knowing and living the truth becomes more important than looking good.” ― Alan Cohen
11. “You have to be savvy and sharp and also straightforward with your customer. I think that authenticity is really important.” ― Tory Burch
12. “The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are.” ― Carl Gustav Jung
13. “The struggle to excavate your true, authentic self from beneath the mountain of conditioning and ridiculous expectation is the epic struggle of your lifetime.” ― Bryant McGill
14. “Only the truth of who you are, if realized, will set you free.” ― Eckhart Tolle
15. “I honestly believe that people of my generation despise authenticity, mostly because they're all so envious of it.” ― Chuck Klosterman