Taylor Swift is only 25 years old, but that hasn't stopped her from kicking butt and taking names across the music industry. It doesn't matter if she's onstage in front of thousands of fans or dancing with a youngster, she knows how to impress.
See which of these 21 crazy and unusual facts about Taylor Swift are new to you:
1. Swift was born on December 13, 1989, in Reading, Pennsylvania, to Scott Kingsley Swift and Andrea Gardner (Finlay) Swift. She was named after James Taylor, a famous singer and performer in his own right.
2. Swift is crazy paranoid about being secretly recorded. She revealed in a 2014 Rolling Stone interview: “The janitor who’s being paid by TMZ [could record me]. This is gonna sound like I’m a crazy person--but we don’t even know. I have to stop myself from thinking about how many aspects of technology I don’t understand.”
3. After learning from a visiting computer repairman how to play three guitar chords, Swift wrote her first song, "Lucky You," at the age of 12. Today, she can play guitar, banjo, piano, ukulele, and electric guitar.
4. After attending a traditional high school during her freshman and sophomore years, Swift transferred to Aaron Academy to be homeschooled. This worked best with her busy tour schedule.
5. Swift is obsessed with Perrier (the drink), and at any given time has a variety of different flavors in her refrigerator, including black cherry, pomegranate, blueberry, strawberry, key lime, and tangerine lime.
6. Swift is the first country singer to win an MTV Video Music Award, and at the age of 11 won a talent contest by covering "Big Deal," a song made popular by LeAnn Rimes.
7. Talk about a strange sense of style: Swift has a fish tank filled with vintage baseballs in her living room.
8. A lot of people don't realize that singing isn't Swift's only gig--she has many television and movie credits to her name.
9. Swift has received more than 200 awards from nearly 600 nominations. Some of the most prestigious include seven Grammy Awards, 22 Billboard Music Awards, and 16 American Music Awards.
10. Swift keeps a bedroom in her house for her BFF Karlie Kloss, complete with Karlie’s favorite snacks and tons of photos of her on the wall.
11. You may know her as Taylor Swift, but friends have many nicknames for her, such as Tay, T-Swift, Swifty, and T-Swizzle.
12. In 2014, Swift told Rolling Stone she was distancing herself from the country scene, making her transition to pop complete. She announced at that time that she would no longer go to country music award shows or promote her albums on country radio stations.
13. Swift is more than just a pretty face with a killer voice. She is also a history buff, noting on her website that she knows American history "like the back of my hand."
14. Swift enjoys writing many of her own songs, with some of the most popular including "Bad Blood," "Our Song," and "Back to December." "Our Song" was written for her high school talent show, but eventually ended up on her debut album. It later became a No. 1 single that won her many awards. In fact, she's such a prolific writer that she's credited as one on every song she’s ever released and is the sole writer on more than half of them.
15. Swift is so over the dating scene--and she blames you! "And most of all, I don't like how all these factors add up to build the pressure so high in a new relationship that it gets snuffed out before it even has a chance to start. And so," she told Rolling Stone, "I just don’t date."
16. Swift's hit "Change" was one of the official theme songs used during the 2008 Summer Olympic games.
17. Swift is obsessed with "Disney everything." She even appeared in the Disney feature movie Hannah Montana.
18. Swift is such a force of nature in the music industry that it took her less than 24 hours to get Apple to back down from its decision not to pay royalties to artists for songs played during trials of its new music-streaming service. In a letter posted to Tumblr, she had threatened to withhold her top-charted album 1989 from the service.
19. Swift has an estimated net worth of $200 million, generated primarily from music, touring, and endorsements. In 2015, she will earn approximately $80 million. In addition to her music royalties and touring, she has a variety of endorsement deals, including Keds and Coca-Cola.
20. Swift clearly has a great sense of humor and also isn't afraid to throw a bit of shade when it's warranted. She has a framed photograph of the infamous onstage Kanye West encounter hanging in her Nashville home, captioned, “Life is full of little interruptions.”
21. She regularly shares her good fortune (and fortune) with others, such as by funding the Taylor Swift Education Center at the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville.