When it comes to marketing, there is no shortage of awesome tools. You have your choice of tools not only for analytics, but also for content marketing, conversion rate optimization, email marketing, social media marketing, search, and more.
But the sheer number of available tools can also be downright intimidating. Where should you start?
Every year, Scott Brinker's Marketing Technology Landscape has proven to be THE place to find just about every possible technology solution - all 3,874 of them. Brinker's "supergraphic" compiles the logos of every marketing technology provider into six categories: advertising and promotion; content and experience; social and relationships; commerce and sales; data; and management.
But the team at Smart Insights felt inspired to provide their own take on a marketing tools infographic (see it below). Rather than compiling thousands of tools (including plenty of donkeys), the infographic highlights more than 100 of the most popular (the unicorns!) marketing tools that businesses of any size can use (rather than tools that only the biggest brands with huge marketing budgets can afford).
The infographic breaks down some of the most popular marketing tools in a different way, where it's based on goals like:
- Reaching your target audience.
- Generating leads and shares.
- Converting visitors and maximizing customer value.
- Engaging your existing customers or audience.
Many of these tools free or low-cost-so bookmark this article, come back, and research at your leisure. You won't need every tool here. Just choose the ones that will help your company achieve its biggest goals.
Without further delay, here are more than 100 marketing tools you need to know about to help fuel your company's marketing success. You can use these tools to gain more insights about your target audience, existing customers, website, and marketing investments.
Analytics, Organic Search Optimization & Paid Search Marketing Tools
1. Site Audience Comparison
2. Digital Analytics Tools
3. SEO Keyword Analysis
4. SEO Rank Checking
5. SEO Site Crawling
6. SEO Backlink Analysis
7. AdWords Paid Search Analysis
8. Influencer Outreach and Management
9. Data Management Platforms and Audience Targeting
Content Marketing & Website Engagement Tools
10. Page Engagement Tools
11. Content Management Systems
12. Blogging Tools
13. Content Curation and Authoring Tools
14. Landing Page Creation and Testing Tools
15. Digital Asset Management
16. On-site Push Notifications
Ecommerce & Conversion Optimization Tools
17. Personalization for Ecommerce
18. Ecommerce Cart Recovery
19. A/B and Multivariate Testing Tools
20. Ecommerce Management
21. Product and Customer Review Tools
22. Call Tracking
23. Live Chat
Social Media, CRM & Email Marketing Tools
24. Social Media Publishing Focus
25. Social Media Listening Focus
26. Social Media Campaign Tools
27. Online Customer Service Tools
28. Marketing Cloud, CRM and Campaign Management Tools
29. Email Service Providers and Marketing Automation Services
30. Email Marketing Optimization Tools