The way we search for and digest information is changing at an insanely rapid clip, and no one is more cognizant of this than Google:
The arbiters of all things Internet (and more recently, nearly everything mobile), Google has its thumb firmly on the collective pulse of consumers. As those consumers have increasingly turned to their mobile devices for answers to their every want and desire in their moments of need, Google has designed its products to provide the most logical answers.
In this week's Google Performance Summit, AdWords execs Sridhar Ramaswamy, Senior Vice President of Ads & Commerce and Jerry Dischler, Vice President of Product Management, AdWords, shared stunning new statistics that underscore the importance of mobile in any advertisers' arsenal today.
I had the honor of attending their pre-launch announcement for major partners and clients a day ahead of the general announcement and was fascinated to hear these incredible mobile web stats just revealed by Google:
- Google's search and advertising tools drove $165 billion of economic activity for over 1 million businesses, website publishers, and nonprofits across the United States in 2015.
- There are now trillions of searches on Google.com and over half of those searches happen on smartphones.
- Nearly one third of all mobile searches on Google are related to location.
- Universal App Campaigns has delivered more than 2 billion downloads for advertisers, across Google.com, Play, YouTube, and The Google Display Network.
- Location-related mobile searches are growing 50% faster than mobile searches in general.
- More than half of all web traffic for the millions of website owners using Google Analytics now comes from smartphones and tablets.
- Since AdWords store visits were introduced two years ago, advertisers have measured over 1 billion store visits worldwide.
- The new Expanded Text Ads in Google AdWords are driving up to 20% higher CTRs (compared to traditional text ads) for early adopter advertisers.
- In the two years advertisers have had access to Google AdWords store visits, they've measured over 1 billion store visits globally.
- According to Nissan UK data, 6% of mobile ad clicks result in a trip to a dealership.
See Search Engine Journal's coverage of the big announcement if you're looking for details on Google AdWords' new and improved product announcements.
Source: Google Inside AdWords