It's become practically an American pastime to solve the success puzzle. Whether we're seeking it for ourselves, or observing it in others, it's one of our obsessions. There are some basic absolutes that help create success--tenacity, fortitude, intuition and taking chances. But not everyone's journey is the same. They don't always have the same answer to solving the mystery. However, each perspective is worthwhile and inspires us to think about how we're choosing for our own success. Here are 10 great ones:
- "Integrity is the essence of everything successful."- Buckminster Fuller
- "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life."- Muhammad Ali
- "There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind."- Mr. Rogers (Fred Rogers)
- "The key to realizing a dream is to focus, not on success, but significance--and then even the small steps and little victories along your path will take on greater meaning."- Oprah Winfrey
- "The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand."--Vincent Lombardi
- "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."--Winston Churchill
- "The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people."--Theodore Roosevelt
- "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent." -Arnold Schwarzenegger
- "Whatever you do, don't play it safe. Don't do things the way they've always been done. Don't try to fit the system. If you do what's expected of you, you'll never accomplish more than others expect."--Howard Schultz
- "It is the ultimate luxury to combine passion and contribution. It's also a very clear path to happiness." Sheryl Sandberg