The holidays are upon us and the New Year will be here before we know it. There is no better time to pause, step back, and think about how you want to approach next year. How do you want to take on 2017 differently? What will you do that will be the same?
Thinking about how you're going to navigate a new year--with new goals, new learnings, and new mindsets--can be daunting. But the good news is that it's easier than expected to find your truth. You already know the answers to some of the toughest questions out there--they're inside you, and you just need to be conscious of asking the right questions. You don't necessarily need a book, a friend, or even a professional to help you map out the New Year.
Here are 15 important questions to best prepare for 2017:
- What were the most important lessons you learned in 2016?
- How did you grow or change from this past year?
- What are some of your favorite memories from 2016?
- What was the worst part of the year? Why?
- What accomplishment was your greatest?
- Do you have any regrets? If so, what are they?
- Were you proud of the person you were this past year?
- What is something you really want to happen in 2017?
- What do you think you need to do to make that happen?
- Is there anything you would like to stop doing in 2017?
- Is there any person or group that you want to help in 2017?
- How do you want to feel in 2017?
- What is a potential theme for 2017?
- What do you need to do differently in order to create this theme in your life?
- What do you want more of in 2017?