We are wired to be deep connectors; however, societal norms have taken us a few steps away from our true nature. It's much more socially acceptable to have small talk and direct our conversations to safe topics such as the weather and other people.
As society continues to evolve and younger generations start to honor our human desires, small talk will eventually start to fade. In the meantime, if you're tired of having one more pointless conversation, use these questions to help create a meaningful connection, with anyone:
1. Why are you doing the work that you're doing?
2. Why do you live where you live?
3. Are you living in your dream location?
4. What are you most excited about right now and why?
5. What has been your biggest challenge this week?
6. What is your purpose with your work?
7. How do you feel about your current life circumstances?
8. What product has been most helpful to you in the past 2 months?
9. Are you reading anything right now that you love?
10. Are you in your dream job?
11. If you could pick up a new skill in an instant what would it be?
12. Who's someone you really admire?
13. What's something you want to do in the next year that you've never done before?
14. Seen anything lately that made you smile?
15. What's the best advice you've ever gotten?
16. What's your earliest memory?
17. What was the first thing you bought with your own money?
18. If you were famous, what would you be famous for?
19. What's your favorite quote?
20. What's a hobby you always wanted to pick up but never did?