There's never been a more powerful time for women than now. The past two years brought about groundbreaking movements that turned the conversations about women's issues upside down, heightening the awareness of obstacles women face on a day-to-day basis. Time's Up and #MeToo have rallied women together to ignite change and shift society's representation and treatment of women.
It's certainly a time to celebrate and encourage women to continue to forge ahead in the fight for equality. In honor of Women's History Month, I've gathered 15 quotes to inspire, empower, and remind you that no dream is too big or out of reach.
1. "We need women at all levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women's voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored." -- Sheryl Sandberg
2. "I raise up my voice -- not so I can shout but so that those without a voice can be heard. We cannot succeed when half of us are held back." -- Malala Yousafzai
3. "You don't have to be anything but yourself to be worthy." -- Tarana Burke
4. "We need to accept that we won't always make the right decisions, that we'll screw up royally sometimes -- understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it's part of success." -- Arianna Huffington
5. "If you are successful, it is because somewhere, sometime, someone gave you a life or an idea that started you in the right direction. Remember also that you are indebted to life until you help some less-fortunate person, just as you were helped." -- Melinda Gates
6. "Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you're proud to live." -- Anne Sweeney
7. "I am not lucky. You know what I am? I am smart, I am talented, I take advantage of the opportunities that come my way and I work really, really hard. Don't call me lucky. Call me a badass." -- Shonda Rhimes
8. "I believe we're all put on this planet for a purpose, and we all have a different purpose... When you connect with that love and that compassion, that's when everything unfolds."
-- Ellen DeGeneres
9. "Don't be intimidated by what you don't know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else." -- Sara Blakely
10. "I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that's how you grow. When there's that moment of 'Wow, I'm not really sure I can do this,' and you push through those moments, that's when you have a breakthrough." -- Marissa Mayer
11. "I learned to always take on things I'd never done before. Growth and comfort do not coexist." -- Virginia Rometty
12. "The key to realizing a dream is to focus, not on success, but significance--and then even the small steps and little victories along your path will take on greater meaning."
-- Oprah Winfrey
13. "I don't want other people to decide who I am. I want to decide that for myself."
-- Emma Watson
14. "The success of every woman should be the inspiration to another. We should raise each other up. Make sure you're very courageous: be strong, be extremely kind, and above all be humble." -- Serena Williams
15. "Never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance in the world to pursue your dreams." -- Hillary Clinton