Just as water reflects your image as you gaze into it, when you look inside yourself, you see who you really are. Your knowledge and success with others is directly related to your self-knowledge.
Excellence is built from the inside out. So, reflect on who you are, what you can be and where you are going. Your reflection paints your vision for excellence. Here are 10 quotes to inspire personal reflection during your summer break.
- Knowledge of the self is the mother of all knowledge. So it is incumbent on me to know myself, to know it completely. - Kahlil Gibran
- Two things fill the heart with renewed and increasing awe and reverence the more often and the more steadily that they are meditated on: the starry skies above me and the moral law inside me. - Immanuel Kant
- The unexamined life is not worth living. - Socrates
- Nature is the greatest teacher and I learn from her best when others are asleep. - George Washington Carver
- Before anything else, preparation is the key to success. -Alexander Graham Bell
- He that knows himself, knows others. - Charles Caleb Colton
- Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused. - Anonymous.
- The outward freedom that we shall attain will only be in exact proportion to the inward freedom to which we may have grown at a given moment. And if this is a correct view of freedom, our chief energy must be concentrated on achieving reform from within. - Gandhi.
- Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself. -William Faulkner.
- It's not the plan that is important, it's the planning. - Graeme Edwards