What would life be without relationships?
Healthy relationships--those that are mutually caring and giving--are necessary for personal success. Everyone needs someone to learn from and share ideas with. Good relationships offer understanding when you fail, confidence when you're in doubt, and celebration as you go through life. They also allow you opportunities to give, to mentor, and to share.
Take time to nurture and appreciate the relationships that make a difference in your business and your life.
Quotes from two of my mentors begin and end this list of 12. The first one is a simple, insightful definition of teamwork by David Cottrell. The last one is a powerful, personal call to action by Zig Ziglar.
- "Teamwork is connected independence".--David Cottrell
- "Even the Lone Ranger didn't do it alone."--Harvey MacKay
- "Personal relationships are the fertile soil from which all advancement, all success, all achievement in real life grows."--Ben Stein
- "When nobody around you seems to measure up, it's time to check your yardstick."--Bill Lemley
- "You will become like the five people you associate with the most. This can be either a blessing or a curse."--Billy Cox
- "It is surprising how much you can accomplish if you don't care who gets the credit."--Abraham Lincoln
- "One of the secrets of a long and fruitful life is to forgive everybody everything every night before going to bed."--Bernard Baruch
- "Our rewards in life will always be in exact proportion to the amount of consideration we show toward others."--Earl Nightingale
- "The golden rule is of no use whatsoever unless you realize that it is your move."--Frank Crane
- "Nice guys may appear to finish last, but usually they are running in a different race."--Ken Blanchard
- "There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up."--John Andres Holmes
- "I believe that you can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."--Zig Ziglar
See The Nature of Excellence for 100-plus inspiring quotes and compelling images.