We all have that inner voice--the that tells you you're not going to make it.
That you're not good enough. You're undeserving. It's too late. You can't win. You fail at everything.
If you listen to it, that voice will dictate the beliefs you hold about yourself.
With these seven powerful beliefs, you can change that voice, change your thoughts, change your life.
Record them in your mind and heart so there's no room for negativity and doubt, and then aim for the stars.
1. It's better to fail than to play it too safe. Failure is not a grievous end but a stepping stone to success. That doesn't make it easy or fun, but there are benefits to be gained. Life lessons tend to be repeated until you learn them, and pain is one way the universe gets your attention. Sometimes things fall apart so better things can fall together.
2. There is always an opportunity. The first step in any successful venture is recognizing the opportunity. Opportunities are in front of you every day, but to see them, you need to look at the world as a place of hope and possibility, not of limits, obstacles, and problems.
3. The only thing you can truly control is yourself. Trying to control every situation in life is a long losing battle with constant frustration and anger. The more you concentrate on what you can control--your own preparation and responses--the better you can adapt to whatever situation you find yourself in.
4. Hard work and perseverance are always rewarded. Maybe not immediately, and not in the way you think. But no matter what happens with your current endeavors, you're getting closer to your goal. Every time you push yourself, every time you make yourself keep trying, you're building the muscles that will carry you over the finish line.
5. Success is a destination, and it's rarely a straight one. We can be thankful that our paths aren't straight. Straight ahead is as boring and unchallenging as a superhighway, so embrace the chance to spend some time on the back roads. Often the best things in life are the ones we discover on the detours.
6. History will always be our best teacher. Don't allow yourself to be locked in the past. But that doesn't mean throwing it out entirely. Learn from your past (and history in general). Interpret it and frame it in a way that serves your future goals.
7. Everything is going to be all right--maybe not today, but eventually. As the proverb says, everything will be OK in the end--if it's not OK, it's not the end. Take the long view. Remember, you don't navigate by looking at your feet but at the horizon.
We all have things we're proud of, things we wish we could take back, things we want, things we'd like to do better.
A successful, happy life has a lot of components, and it looks different for everyone.
But a mindset of positive is one thing that virtually all of them have in common, and it's something you can start creating today.