You don't have to look hard to find a book or article about how to become wealthy and successful. And many of them have some great ideas.
But it's important to always remember that the truest wealth is not counted in money but in the things that bring us happiness.
If you want to become really wealthy, here are the best tips I can offer:
1. Build a life of integrity. Integrity means choosing courage over comfort, doing what is right instead of what is easy and practicing your values rather than simply professing them. If you can live by integrity you have will have richness beyond your means.
2. Be rich in character. Value your character and integrity so highly that no one can ever buy it out. Success is always temporary and money is fleeting. When all is said and done, the only thing you will have left is your richness of character.
3. Give things away for free. The more you give the more you get. Give generously of your time, support and appreciation. Give more than you get; give even when you know you cannot get nothing back.
4. Embrace challenges. Without challenges you'd never have the opportunity to build a wealth of experiences. Everything you go through adds to the bank of life.
5. Be thankful. It's not that happy people are thankful but the other way around--thankful people are happy. Remember that someone desperately wishes they had the things you take for granted. Enjoy the richness of what you have.
6. Treasure yourself. The most treasured thing you can own is your knowledge of who you are and what you're worth.
7. Keep the bar set high. Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar each time you succeed to keep capitalizing on your potential.
8. Enrich your life. True richness comes in the form of pride in oneself. Be proud of everything that you do, even your mistakes, because even mistakes mean you're trying.
9. Value the people who are important to you. Cherish every moment that you have with the people you love. Nothing enriches us more than solid, connected, loving relationships.
10. Be honorable. Be honorable and respectable. This means doing the right things and keeping promises, even when no one is watching.
11. Share what you know. When you teach what you love and you share what you know, you open eyes, minds and hearts to a wealth of information that others might not have, and the rewards are immense.
12. Be of service. Our purpose is to add value to the people, organizations and causes we care about.
13. Be honest. There is always a price to pay for lying-- sometimes a very high one. Speak the truth and you'll never have to pay it.
14. Live with a clear conscience. Having money may make you rich, but a clear conscience makes you wealthy.
15. Follow your bliss. Pursue the ideas and work you love, and you will find your most precious treasure.
16. Celebrate small wins. If you can learn to rejoice in small victories and simple pleasures, you'll win the game over and over again.
17. Be positive. A wealth of positivity makes you extremely prosperous, because positive thoughts yield positive actions which lead to a wealth of results.
18. Do less, be more. This is true luxury: think less, feel more; frown less, smile more; talk less, do more; complain less, appreciate more; fear less, love more.
19. Enjoy the journey. There is great meaning for those who are willing to enjoy the journey rather than always looking ahead toward the next destination. Our wealth in life comes from the meaning and the experiences--good and bad--we accumulate on our path.
20. Earn respect. Show yourself to be worthy of respect one experience and engagement at a time. Earned respect is a treasure.
21. Be happy for others. When you're genuinely happy for others you give to them and to yourself.
22. Practice being brave. As the old saying goes, fortune favors the brave. And make sure the brave is, you.
23. Bring out the best in others. When you seek to discover the best in others, you also bring out the best in ourselves.
24. Release expectations. Keep your expectations high and your assumptions low.
25. Treat yourself with dignity. Demonstrate self-respect and quiet self-esteem. It is in that dignity that we find genuine riches.
26. Believe in yourself. To believe in yourself is to be yourself--this is secret to your success.
27. Allow yourself to receive. Many people are great givers but have a hard receiving. Build a wealth of good feelings by allowing other people to be generous with you the way you are generous to them.
28. Treasure your freedom. The secret of a rich and wealthy life is freedom, and the secret of freedom is independence.
29. Form your own opinions. Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind.
30. Don't live with regrets. Don't regret the mistakes that end up enriching your life, and don't live your life in a way that will leave you with regrets in the end.
31. Be present. Wherever you are, be all there, because the future is purchased by the present.
32. Have a sense of purpose. The meaning of life is to find your gift; the purpose of your life is to share it with others.