OSHA's Washington, D.C., office does not handle requests for free consultation (see "Environment," No. 10911753, October 1991). Arrangements must be made regionally, where the site in question is located. To determine the appropriate regional agency, call the OSHA office listed in the federal pages of your local phone book. Also available: OSHA Handbook for Small Business (202-523-7266), which lists free OSHA-sponsored consultants.

-- Susan Greco

* * *