- Entrepreneurs don't have a lot of free time to manage their stock portfolios. That's why Inc.com is launching a new blog, written by personal finance expert Lewis Schiff. Read about his investment strategy, which is easy to implement and maintain. It's the only investing guide a business owner will ever need.
- On picking stocks:
"If you rely on information in the public domain, you're always behind the eight ball."
- On why good entrepreneurs make bad investors:
"Entrepreneurs have a great tolerance for risk. They sometimes put themselves in situations where the risk is greater than the reward."
- Summer is upon us, and our annual search for the Best Lemonade Stand in America has begun. We're looking for young entrepreneurs who are making money by squeezing lemons. Kids ages 5 to 12 can submit their stories and photos and comment on other lemonade moguls.
- Prizes Our grand prize winner will receive a $1,000 savings bond and a Nintendo DS.
- Slide Show Inc. columnist Norm Brodsky shares his tips for lemonade sellers.
- Learn how many lighters it takes to blow the lid off a blender. Blendtec CEO Tom Dickson discusses his now-legendary "Will It Blend?" marketing campaign.
- No, really. Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh explains why he encourages employees to use the social networking tool.
- Entrepreneurs are making millions selling corkscrews, wineglasses, organic varietals, and other wine-related products. A look at some of the most innovative companies in the wine industry and how they got there.
- Slide Show Eight steps to owning your own vineyard
- Slide Show Meet the wine entrepreneurs.
- Now is your last chance to nominate someone for our annual list of the nation's coolest young entrepreneurs. Send your nominations to email@example.com.
- For more on J.A. Counter's results-only workplace, listen to a podcast with Inc. associate editor Hannah Clark Steiman, at www.inc.com/keyword/aug08.
- Great perks are a cheap, effective way to attract top talent and build staff loyalty. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
Network Online With Your Community IncBizNet.com