The Best Lemonade Stand in America
- Last year, 11-year-old Grace from Pennsylvania won the grand prize -- a $1,000 savings bond -- in our annual contest, which recognizes entrepreneurial kids ages 5 to 12. With their stand, Grace and her friends (right) raised more than $4,000 for cancer research. If you know any kids selling lemonade this summer, have them log on, upload a photo, and tell us why they deserve to win. www.inc.com/lemonade
- Help choose the winner Readers can comment on the photos and rate their favorites.
Blog: The Browser
- Who can possibly keep up with everything that gets written about entrepreneurship -- all the blogs, newspaper articles, magazine profiles, and TV reports? Mike Hofman can, so you don't have to. www.inc.com/the-browser
- On "chinese firms bargain hunting in u.s." (the los angeles times, may 5):
"Much has been written about American entrepreneurs setting up shop in China. But with inflation surging in China and the weak dollar, Chinese companies are now looking to America as a place where it is affordable and desirable to set up production facilities."
Profiles: Accidental Millionaires
- Turn tough times into opportunity. Some of the best business ideas happen almost by accident. A look at entrepreneurs who took adversity and half-baked ideas and turned them into wildly successful companies -- including the inventors of the Slinky; the team behind Movable Type software; and the kids who started CollegeHumor.com. Oh, and a guy who sells Brazilian bikinis.
- Slideshow: The Accidental Millionaires
Finding Funds: Why Are SBA Loans Drying Up?
- You'd think that the SBA would be backing more loans right now, in the middle of a credit crisis, but that's not what is happening. Find out why -- and what you can do about it.
- SBA Guide Can't tell a 7(a) from a 504 loan? Our insider's guides explain the SBA's lending programs. Also, check out guides to the SBA's venture capital and microloan programs.
- In-depth For more on the agency, read "Does the SBA Still Matter?" (May 2007).
- Do you know a rising business star under the age of 30? Our annual search for the nation's coolest young entrepreneurs is under way. Send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
US Commercial Rental Data
Rental data according to CoStar.
Network online with your community IncBizNet.com
Jul 1, 2008