What's Online: May 2009
INC.TV: The Goods: Gear for Business Travel
- If you are a die-hard road warrior, then check out the latest Web videos featuring Hannah Clark Steiman, editor of The Goods section of the magazine. This month, she takes a look at some slick laptop bags, as well as portable massage tools, ranging in price from $10 to $35, to help you get over a bad case of airplane-induced neck ache.
Special Section: A Field Guide to Entrepreneurial Innovation (coming soon)
- How can you, as a business leader, sharpen your creativity? And how do companies like Zappos build creativity and ingenuity into the corporate culture? This month, Inc.com takes a look at entrepreneurial innovation: the people, companies, inventions, and ideas that are changing the way we do business.
- Inc.'s new weekly Small Business Success newsletter compiles the most useful articles from the magazine and from Inc.com. Learn more about great companies. Read case studies of CEOs who have reached strategic crossroads. And look for tips and best practices on how to manage employees, treat customers better, and improve operations. Subscribe at www.inc.com/newsletter.
Best of the Blogs
- One point we can all agree on is that jobs are the cornerstone to any sort of meaningful recovery. If that's the case, why not incentivize business to hire? Why not give a tax break to the people who can actually create a change? If I were to pay less in taxes, I would invest that into the business. It would go to hire more talented people. They'll produce more, create more, and generate more income." -- Clint Greenleaf, www.inc.com/by-the-book
- Launch resources
Inside the Entrepreneur's Brain, Continued
Leigh Buchanan's extended Q&A with leading management consultant, Charles Jacobs, about his new book "Management Rewired," which looks at how brain structure impacts business management.
- Sales and Marketing resources
The New Basics of Marketing
What you need to know about: websites, email, mobile phones, social networks, viral video, blogging.
Managing e-mail campaigns.
- How to Send E-Mail Your Customers Will Love
- Slideshow: The Best E-Mail Marketing Tools
- Technology resources
If You Build It, They Will Shop
Tools for creating and souping up an online store
Own the Code
How to fine-tune your tech.
- Inc. at 30: Which entrepreneurs have had the greatest impact on American business? Go to www.inc.com/30years to vote for your favorites. We will publish the results in December.
Published on: May 1, 2009