BEST OF THE BLOGS: The Eco-Capitalist
- "Sure, the product might be made from Organic Cotton, but if it's shipped to China to be manufactured and then shipped back, then how eco-friendly could it really be? But how do you know? Many consumers, busy with jobs and families, have little choice but to take things at face value."
- -- Tom Szaky, TerraCycle, www.inc.com/the-eco-capitalist
- With his first business, F**kedCompany.com, Phil Kaplan parodied the early dot-coms. Now he has his own dot-com, AdBrite, and it's one of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
- On his first venture: "I always used to tell everybody that F**kedCompany.com had another two weeks left in it. Eventually, I moved on, and I hired someone to update the site. One day, I noticed the person hadn't updated it in, like, three months. I said, 'OK, this is probably a good time to shut it down.' "
Election Guide: The People Have Voted. Now What?
- Robb Mandelbaum trailed the presidential candidates for months. Once the votes have been tallied, he will weigh in once more: What does the new administration mean for entrepreneurs? How will taxes and health care be affected? And what will the new President do about the shaky economy?
- Dear Mr. President In an open letter, entrepreneurs discuss what they want -- and don't want -- from the new President.
Inc. TV: Introducing...The Inc. Life
- Whether you are looking for the latest gadgets or hottest getaways, for fine dining or fashion, Inc. TV's newest series has you covered. Host Amy Tara Koch, a veteran style and retail correspondent, is your ambassador to The Inc. Life. Her witty, fast-paced take on the latest "It" products will simplify the shopping experience and highlight the goods and services that are really worth your time and money.
- Travel Tune in for reviews of the lightest rollaway suitcases.
- Style Thinking about indulging in a custom-made suit? Koch will tell you where to go and what to ask.
- To learn more about cool computer peripherals, tune in to a podcast with Inc. senior editor Bobbie Gossage.
- Accommodations and Food
- Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing, and Hunting
- Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation
- Educational Services
- Finance and Insurance
- Health Care
- Management of Companies and Enterprises
- Other Services (except Public Administration)
- Professional Services
- Real Estate
- Technology and Media
- Transportation and Warehousing
- Wholesale Trade
- The Metrics
America's Most Admired Entrepreneurs
- Do you know a business owner who makes a big difference for his or her employees, customers, and community? Send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IncBizNet.com: network online with your community
Nov 1, 2008